The Soccer-RI Cup is the end of season FREE open cup sponsored by Soccer-RI. All teams who are association members of Soccer-RI in the Girls 11U-19U and Boys 11U - 16U age groups are eligible to register for the cup.
2018 Soccer-RI Cup
Information for the Semi-final and Finals of the 2018 Soccer-RI Cup:
NEW!! - Reminders for Semi & Final games
Game Schedule & Results
Where to find a Game Report in GotSoccer
Rules of Play for the Soccer-RI Cup
Club Pass policy for Soccer-RI Cup
Inclement Weather Policy
NEW! At the Soccer-RI AGM in August 2017 and the General Council Meeting in February 2018 the Soccer-RI General Council (the clubs who are members of Soccer-RI) voted to approve the following two new Soccer-RI Cup Policies:
Policy 5419: Dates, Times, and Places of Competition. The dates, times, places and form of the competition shall be as determined by the competitive committee and approved by the SRI Board of Directors.
- Matches prior to the semi-finals will be played on WEEKNIGHTS. Such games may only be scheduled on weekends with the PRIOR approval of the RI SYRA or designee.
Policy 5425: Game Scheduling. Once a Soccer-RI Cup game is published on the public schedule, any Association/Club who proposes to change the game date, time or location shall incur a $50 game change fee. This fee does not apply to changes due to inclement weather.
IMPORTANT! If two teams cannot agree on the date and time for a game, the Competitive Director will determine which team will advance in the Soccer-RI Cup.
Published Game Schedule and Results -- or paste this link into your browser: http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=64470
How to Schedule a 2018 Soccer-RI Cup Game and Request Referees.
How to Reschedule a 2018 Soccer-RI Cup Game - Note a fee of $50 per rescheduled game will be assessed, excluding rainouts.
How to Report 2018 Soccer-RI Cup Game Scores.
Passes are required for the Soccer-RI Cup - No pass, No Play, No Coach!
Games labeled Play-in must be played on or before May 3, 2018
or Preliminary must be played on or before May 11, 2018
Games labeled as Quarter-Finals must be played on or before June 1, 2018
Games cannot be scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays without prior approval of the State Referee Administrator.
Contact for the State Referee Administrator is
Each team that wishes to participate must be registered in the 2018 Soccer-RI Cup event in GotSoccer.
The home team (top team in the listing) must provide a GotSoccer Game Report, a stamped addressed envelope (Paul Hoxsie, 110 Yale Drive, Coventry, RI 02816)
The winning team from each game is responsible for recording the game score in GotSoccer immediately after the game is played.
The 2018 Soccer-RI is an OPEN Cup:
- Registration for the 2018 Soccer-RI Cup is CLOSED.
- Teams will register in the same or higher division as they are playing in league play.
- Deadline for teams to register is 5:00 pm on Friday, April 6, 2018
- Team Draw is at 7:00 pm, Thursday, April 12, 2018, online.
- Preliminary games may be played between April 20 and May 11, 2018
- Games must be on the schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the game start time.
- Quarterfinal games must be played on or before June 1, 2018
- Rosters will freeze (no players can be added) at 9:00 am on Wednesday, May 2, 2018
- Soccer-RI Cup Weekend is June 9 & 10, 2018
- Location: The Semi-finals and Finals field location will be announced.
Additional information on the Soccer-RI Cup can be found on the team site Team App